Parts Plug in Oshawa, Ontario L1J 8P7 is a full-service BMW repair and performance specialist shop, providing comprehensive car care services for your BMW to keep it running at peak performance. For questions, call us at 905-432-7584 or contact us via our contact form and our BMW experts will be in touch.
BMW Oil and Filter
To keep running smoothly, your BMW highly relies on oil and oil filters. Oil helps in lubricating, cooling, and cleaning the internal engine components. With time, motor oil becomes contaminated. Your car needs an oil and filter change every six months (or 10,000km). When it is time for an oil change, bring your BMW to Parts Plug in Oshawa, Ontario L1J 8P7
- Oil and filter meeting or exceeding all BMW specifications such as BMW Long Life LL-17 FE
- Reprogramming maintenance interval on vehicle computer so that the oil change reminder comes on at the appropriate interval.
- Safe and environmentally compliant disposal of all used fluids.
BMW Transmission Maintenance
Any car manufacturer, BMW included, will tell you that preventive maintenance is critical to the vehicles lifespan. Like other auto parts, car transmissions aren't built to last forever. However, you can increase the transmission's lifespan by performing regular preventive maintenance. The easiest way to maintain peak performance and fuel economy is to provide regular transmission maintenance for your BMW. Although most manufacturers recommend a transmission flush every 60,000km or every two to three years, some symptoms may indicate that you need a transmission flush sooner. Some of the symptoms that indicate that your car needs a transmission flush are: transmission grinding or making strange noises, problems shifting gears, slipping gears, surging, and a delay in vehicle movement. Flushing the used fluid from the transmission washes away tiny particles of dirt, clutch material, and metal shavings. To have your BMW transmission maintained by experts, visit Parts Plug today!
- Transmission fluid change with fluids meeting or exceeding all BMW requirements.
- Transmission service where necessary including changing transmission filter and pan replacement.
- Seal and gasket replacements where advised by the manufacturer.
- Clutch replacement on vehicles equipped with a manual transmission.
BMW Differential Maintenance
The differential is a car part that compensates for the difference in travel distance between the inner wheels and outer wheels when the vehicle is turning. Due to the differential's position in most non front-wheel-drive (FWD) vehicles such as your BMW (located at the rear and under the car), it does not get any of the star treatment the engine gets. The one thing that every car owner needs to know is that failure of the differential will mean failure of the car. To save the differential from failure, you need to have differential fluid changed every 30,000 to 50,000 kilometers. Changing the oil in the differential is as important as changing the car's engine oil. Although checking and changing differential oil is pretty easy, you need to visit an auto shop to get a comprehensive differential flush. For BMW differential flush services, visit or call Parts Plug in Oshawa, Ontario L1J 8P7 today.
- Differential fluid change with fluids meeting or exceeding all BMW requirements.
- Differential service where necessary including changing transmission filter and pan replacement.
- Maintenance of vehicle differential coupling mechanisms.
- Seal and gasket replacements where advised by the manufacturer.
BMW Fuel System Maintenance
Fuel injection is a system for admitting fuel into an engine. Since the 90s, fuel injectors have completely replaced carburetors as the primary means of getting gasoline into the engine. A fuel injector atomizes the fuel by forcibly pumping it through a small nozzle (under high pressure). Failure of the fuel injection system means poor performance and ultimately destroys the engine. Make sure your vehicle's fuel injection system is maintained properly. For all your BMW fuel injection maintenance and replacement needs, call 905-432-7584 or visit Parts Plug in Oshawa today.
- Fuel injector cleaning and replacement where necessary.
- Fuel pump maintenance and servicing where required.
- Intake valve cleaning on direct injected (D.I) vehicles for better fuel economy and power.
BMW Ignition System Maintenance
Ignition cables also known as spark plug wires are an important part of your car's ignition system. For cars without a coil on plug design, they transfer the spark from the ignition coil to spark plugs that ignite the mixture of fuel and air. The mixture starts and runs the engine. Over time, ignition wires and cables get weak and break down. This makes it impossible for the spark to reach the engine cylinders properly. A spark plug delivers electric current to the combustion chamber from the ignition system an issue with either of these critical components results in the engine misfiring. The car will eventually fail to start. If it does start, it will run poorly and burn more gas. Common symptoms of a faulty ignition system are: poor gas mileage, engine misfires, engine light is on, and engine may vibrate. If your BMW needs new ignition cables and wires, call or visit Parts Plug in Oshawa. Here, you will have the wires and cables changed by a top-rated mechanic.
- Distributor replacement or repair (when applicable).
- Ignition coil pack replacement.
- Spark plug replacement including adjusting the spark plug gap when required.
As tires get older, they lose traction and deteriorate from the inside out, increasing the likelihood of a tire bursting. This can cause a rapid loss of control of your vehicle. To have a better performing vehicle, you need to make sure the tires are in good condition. For all your BMW tire needs, contact Parts Plug today.
- Tire balancing (if you feel vibration or a wobbling of the steering wheel at speeds over 80km/h).
- Tire mounting for winter or summer tire changovers if you only have 1 set of wheels.
- Tire repairs including tire patches and tire re-sealing.
- Tire rotations at either the manufacturers recommended interval or customers preference (typically done every 12,000km or with every oil change).
BMW Brake System Maintenance
Brake fluid will absorb water from the air over time, causing the brake system to become less effective and the fluid to become corrosive, possibly damaging the system. It is important to perform a brake fluid flush regularly to ensure that your vehicle is using fresh fluid. Various brake pad and rotor problems can usually be identified by squealing brakes. If your brake pads deteriorate completely, you'll hear a grinding metal-on-metal sound when braking, meaning that it's too late and you're ruining your rotors or drums! Those with knowledge of auto repair may be able to fix this at home, but you should always see a BMW repair professional, such as the team at Parts Plug immediately if you have brake problems.
- Brake fluid flushes using fluid that meets or exceeds the manufacturers required specifications.
- Brake services which are often used to remedy squealing or noisy brakes without completely replacing all pads and rotors.
- Brake pad and rotor replacements with either OEM parts, high quality OEM equivalent parts or safe but budget friendly options.
- Brake line replacement on older vehicles where the lines may be severely corroded and unsafe
- ABS module diagnostic and servicing if required
BMW Engine Maintenance
Your vehicles engine is the beating heart of a complex system of modules, energy transfer mechanisms, climate controllers and safety components. Engines have come a long way in the last 75 years but even so, most require some level of basic maintenance that goes beyond oil changes and regular tune ups. A timing belt is a part of your car's internal combustion engine. The belt synchronizes the camshaft and the crankshaft rotation so that the engine valves open and close at the correct timings. Also, the belt prevents the piston from striking the valves in an interference engine. A timing Belt is a rubber belt that usually features teeth on the inside surface, while a timing chain is a metal roller chain. Although different manufacturers have their recommended mileage, you need to have your BMW checked regularly. To have it checked by experts, contact Parts Plug today!
- Timing system maintenance including timing belts and timing chain replacement where required.
- Accessory belt maintenance including tensioners.
- Water pump and thermostat replacement.
- Alternator replacement.
- AC Compressor replacement and AC system re-charging.
- Hose replacements.
- Air filter replacements.