IE FDS™ intercoolers are powered by the massive (425mmX621mmX70mm) all-new bar & fin core. This gives you 137% more core volume over the stock intercooler and brings you incredibly efficient cooling properties to combat heat soak, lower intake air temperatures, and keep you in the highest power output possible from your ECU tune and performance hardware upgrades. This is the single largest intercooler on the market today.
INTAKE AIR TEMPS
Dedicated to life-long reliable operation, the end tanks are manufactured from from high quality aluminum castings with ultra-thick and reinforced mounting. When it comes to fitting this massive IC into place, there is no room for error. All mounting bosses and surfaces are in-house precision CNC machined and hand verified for an exact fit.
Nothing is worse than a boost leak! Advanced CNC machining of the inlet and outlet produces a high-grip surface that locks the silicone into place. A flat stop edge prevents the hose from being installed too far forward while a beveled edge adds enhanced grip for the hose clamp to stop it from sliding back. This high attention to detail creates a friction grip keeping your boost hoses in place for good.
Manufacturing the largest intercooler on the market is not easy and leaves no room for mistakes. After the end tanks are meticulously in-house CNC machined, the core and tanks are combined with incredible precision TIG welding. Every single intercooler goes through a multi-point critical inspection and is tested on our leak-down station before shipping. This work ensures a reliable product that it is ready to install.
Despite it’s size and features, the IE FDS intercooler is a perfect OEM replacement and requires no modifications to install. Mounting points for the factory radiator and intercooler mounts are machined in. Stainless steel mount brackets are included for an improved and stronger condenser mount. Everything around the performance unit remains untouched and installs as if it were a factory piece.
*MK8 (2022+) Golf R fitment is not yet verified, update coming soon!
*2022+ MK8 & 8Y vehicles may require very minor trimming of the plasic radiator shroud during install.
*Due to the massive size and tight tolerances of this intercooler, some aftermarket radiators may not fit.
This intercooler is used in record-breaking cars! Increase horsepower and defeat heat soak with the IE front-mount Intercooler Kit for the MK7/MQB 2.0T EA888 Gen 3 engines.
• Perfect fit installs with no fuss or modifications
• Reduce charge air temperatures drastically for more horsepower
• FDS system utilizes core more evenly then competitors
• Increases horsepower and torque
• Removes power robbing heat soak
• Includes bung for easy setup of water/meth nozzles
• Large bar and fin core measures 16.39″ x 24″ x 2.25″
• 93% more intercooler core volume than OE MQB GTI
• Fully machined mounting bosses for a perfect fit
• Fully machined inlet/outlet connections for a leak-free seal
• Perfect OEM fitment, no trimming required
• Large 2.75″ inlet and outlet connections
• 5 ply silicone hoses ensure reliability
• Includes all necessary hardware and hose clamps for installation